September 16, 2013

My Birthday (I took the whole weekend)


I turned 31 on the 5th. It makes me sad if I think about it too much. And I have tried several times to blog about it. I have written nice things about all the people who go me stuff, and the fun day I had and the awesome things we did in the weekend that followed, and every time I go to upload pics, my computer freezes. Then I have to shut it down in order to restart it and then I return to Blogger only to find out that it deleted the content of each of my post attempts. So here are the pictures from my Birthday. The day was perfect. The weekend was so much fun. I hate getting old. And Kendrick is the greatest. That pretty much sums up my 31st for ya.

Kendrick took the day off work. He made me the most delicious cinnamon swirl french toast ever with sliced strawberries on top then we took a morning walk. That afternoon we went out to lunch and did some girl shopping. Then we came home and ate cake and ice cream with the neighbors that watched our kids for us.

My Birthday fortune. I hope it is true!!
We had Chinese for my Birthday lunch and I practically licked my plate clean
Kendrick making the best out of being stuck in Forever 21 with a woman who wasn't quite sure what she wanted
The Birthday flowers that Easton helped our neighbor pick out for me. After giving her a sermon on who Satan is and "why he makes us do bad things" he informed her that I love pink and purple flowers. My favorite flower shades are actually reds, white, oranges and yellows. But I love that he thought he knew me so well:)
Red Velvet cake with the Espinoza family (like my snowman tablecloth?)
My Birthday loot. The kids got me an iTunes gift card. Kendrick took me shopping and I found a mirror for my makeup table, a denim shirt, 3 pairs of jeans, a DC tee and a cute sweatshirt. Then I treated myself to some Mary Kay eyelash serum and the Carly Simon live in Martha's Vineyard cd.

On Friday night my parents took us all to Chuckarama for my Birthday dinner. Then I was spoiled and got a new blender, a cardigan, some authentic Oregon made Salt Water taffy and an Amazon gift card. I came home and purchased these makeup brushes and some smelly lotion (like, it stinks and will be sent back ASAP) with my gift card:


This is the most unflattering picture ever but Tay was in rare form that night and was cracking me up with how excited she got over each of my gifts. This sweater was her favorite.

On Saturday we attended the Keller William's Red Bash in Pleasant Grove where Kendrick had to man one of the game booths. The kids had a blast watching the Magician and playing on the playground and filling their pockets with candy.




After the Red Bash we got ready to see James Taylor perform with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and The Utah Symphony. We left way early and stood in line in the rain to get seats in our assigned section as close as we could to the stage. I cried. I've never cried at a concert. Not even when I almost got trampled at Kings Of Leon...although this was a different kind of crying. I have loved James Taylor's music since I was a little girl and have wanted to see him in concert since I could first comprehend what concerts were. I held it together and only managed to be choked up for his first two solo songs and then when he sang, On The Roof I lost it and did the ugliest silent cry ever.

There is another picture like this where our faces are a lot clearer, but the thumb of the lady that took it graces the majority of that photo so I chose this one instead. It's the perfectionist in me, I can only post pics that I think look good.

After the concert we were starving and it was pouring rain so we just ate random fast food from two different drive ins.  Honestly, it was so chill but it was one of the funnest dates that Kendrick and I have had in a long time. I am so glad that we not only got to go see James Taylor, but that it happened to fall on my Birthday weekend. I am one lucky girl.