September 16, 2013

Mama got a new do!

I have the world's slowest growing hair. My hairstylist and friend, Jessie will back me up on that. I am guessing (thanks to the suggestion of my lil brother) that it is because I don't have any animal protein in my diet. But even when I ate meat and cheese and milk my hair didn't grow super fast. I finally ordered some Biotin. I am hoping that it helps. Anyway so I had this... resolution if you will, not to cut my hair at all until 2014. I wanted to see how long I could get it by Christmas. But being that I have been coloring my hair blond for over a year now, and if you take into consideration how much time we spent in the sun and swimming this summer my hair was getting dry. Like embarrassingly so. So I let Jessie clip it. It's not a huge length difference but it does make my hair look shorter. Also, the bleach blond was making me feel trashy. It would fade and I'd start to see regrowth so fast that I started to wonder if it was even worth it to be that shade of blond anymore. So I went a tad darker and then took a HUGE risk and went against everything my husband believes in by getting bangs. Gasp! Kendrick really hates bangs. It's unclear if he hates them in general or if he just hates them on me or if he had a bad experience once with a girl who had bangs...
In any case, I didn't ask and it doesn't matter. Sometimes you just have to try something new and if it fails miserably, it fails miserably. Life goes on right?

But I rather like how it turned out and since I know I will never be able to style it again as cute as Jessie did, here are the pics to prove that my haircut has potential.

ta da!
you can see the bangs better in this one
it feels so short:(
its hard to tell, but the back looks so much healthier now
Thanks Jess! I love it. I really love it.