August 10, 2016

2 mo old

Miss Layla turned 2 months old on July 30th


This stinks! She is getting so big so fast. I am trying hard to just enjoy every single second with her because I know I will never have another baby again. And I'm okay with that-I just now how heart broken I will be the day she turns 1, and then 2, 3, 4, and eventually leaves me for Kindergarten. I'm already dreading it. At 2 months old Layla weighs just under 12 pounds (11 lbs 11 oz) and is 23.5 inches tall. She is a DREAM sleeper. I almost hesitate to put that in writing because I don't want to jinx anything. But she does 8+ hours each night and then after she eats between 6:00 and 7:00 am, she falls back to sleep for another 3 hours and then wakes up all smiley and sweet. We all look forward to being the one that gets to get her our of her crib in the morning because we know we'll be greeted with huge smiles and coos. She is starting to find her hands and likes to suck on them, she is growing more weary of the binkie with each passing day, baths are her favorite thing ever, she laughs at Kendrick's silly voices and made up songs, we can put Elmo on TV and she will lay mesmerized by it for an entire episode while I get things done, she hates being in the car unless the car is moving, she laughs like a little crazy person when she finally gets to eat (which makes it hard for her latch on and sometimes results in her choking), she holds her head up really well, she takes like 30 min to stretch after each nap and while she does she makes little old man grunts. She is just the best and we all love her so much!