August 19, 2016

Easton's 7th Birthday

Easton turned 7 on August 9th. SEVEN! I think the only thing that prevented me from having a breakdown over that number is that he is no longer the baby anymore. Easton has informed us that he hates being a summer baby simply because he doesn't have the option to ditch school on his Birthday like his brothers do. He's such a funny kid. It was his year for a friend party and lucky for him, I was feeling a little more like myself when his birthday rolled around so I actually planned a party (I'll have to make-up for Tay's lame party next year). On his actual Birthday we just did presents and a family breakfast and then that evening we went to dinner at "Chuck-a-gramma" with my parents and went back to their house afterward for cake and ice cream.













A week later we had his Birthday party. We chose to do it then because he wanted to go see Pete's Dragon with his friends. Our good friends, the Espinoza's, gave the boys their VHS copy of the original Pete's Dragon and we finally watched it a few weeks ago. Easton loved it because he loves all things lizard and dragon related so it seemed like a fitting movie for him. The kids met at our house beforehand and we put together some treat bags for the movie. After the movie we grabbed some pizzas and came back home for some pizza and presents. Now as much as I adore my children and want them to have happy and wonderful childhoods filled with fun memories of birthday traditions-I am over friend Birthday parties. I don't know if it's the postpartum anxiety talking or if I'm just turning into a grump in my old age but I am just not a fan of throwing kid parties. Especially for boys. There are so many naughty, entitled and disrespectful kids in this world. Parents-teach your kids manners! Teach them to respect their elders and other people's property! Teach them how to be humble and help them understand that not everything revolves around them and their happiness! We used Easton's party as a teaching tool for our kids on how NEVER to act. Even though it was my least favorite party I've ever thrown, I think Easton had a wonderful time and felt special and I guess that's all that matters in the end. We LOVE our Easton Lee!!