July 27, 2016

Blessing Day

I started stressing about Layla's blessing day before she was even born. Not kidding. As much as I love being a member of the church and certain milestones, like blessings and baptisms are important to me, I hate the pressure I feel to host and feed people after those events. Since Miss Scottie was in the NI CU for so long and would need to be blessed during the summer too, I asked Richard and Tiana if they would want to bless Scottie and Layla on the same day. Luckily they said yes and let us join in on Miss Scottie's special day. And I am so grateful they did! Tiana had a lot of good ideas. And because her baby was almost 4 month old and she was more level headed than I was, she set up everything and just told me what to buy. It worked out perfect for me because I don't think I could have handled anything more at 5 weeks post partum. Both Kendrick and Richard gave the girls beautiful blessings. And because we blessed them on July 3rd, we had a small turnout-which was actually a huge relief to both Tiana and myself since we didn't want to pass around our small babies. Everything was perfect-the location, the weather, the food, the turnout, I will always look back on Scottie and Layla's blessing day fondly...

Layla Campbell
(my mom made her dress. I requested an ivory dress because I love ivory dresses and Tay's dress was so old that by the time she wore it, it also had an ivory look to it. I just wanted both my girls to have something similar about their blessing dresses.)
Scottie Jade
(she wore her mama's blessing dress and looked beautiful)