May 1, 2014

It's MAY!

I'm so happy it is May!! May is one of my favorite months. I love that there are only two weeks left of homework. I love that we have baseball a couple of nights a week. I love that it is going to be 80+ degrees this weekend. I love that I get to plant flowers next weekend. May is like the Christmas Eve of Summer. But let's calm down for a second and remember April...
April was good.
April was fun.
But it was no May.
When I think about how much we did in April, I feel like April lasted forever. But when I look at an actual calendar, I am shocked by how fast it flew by. I covered most of our pictures in my Spring Break Baby post but I found some other cute ones on my phone so I thought I'd post them.

 Allison is finally starting to warm up to us and I think she feels very at home here now...




Allison and Caleb
This cute little guy made me VERY baby hungry...until it was time for me to take a shower. I forgot how hard it is keep up with personal hygiene when there is an infant around...

Oakland
It was warm enough to have a picnic at the park! And while on that picnic, I ran into my second mom, Nancy. I grew up next door to Nancy. I used to watch her kids and we would go camping with their family. She would cut my brother and my dad's hair, and we trick or treated with them every year...the Johnson family felt like our family.
It was so great to see her again.

Emzli, Easton and I

Nancy and I
Cute Carissa and Allison

Randoms...
It was warm enough to start taking night time walks again. One night we took a bunch of the neighborhood kids with us. It was so fun! I am sure that people who passed us on the 8600 probably thought that Kendrick and I were one of those crazy young couples with 10 kids...
Sweet Kendrick bought me flowers twice last month. This cute bouquet he arranged himself out of the back of the mini van.

April was a hard core craft month for Carissa and I. We both made collage walls in our living rooms. 
And I attempted to make a burlap wreath. It didn't end up so well so Carissa finished it for me...
And then Cha Cha made a nest out of it.
Smiths has a whole line of homemade, restaurant looking Mexican food. And yes, I took a picture of it. Because I am so excited to try their Chili Verde! 
My hair is getting longer and it feels thicker-so I took a picture to help me "mark my progress". I will have hair that extends past my boobs someday. That is my goal. Yes, I know-I dream big. 
Easton had a fun play date with Thomas and Mary. 
And one day he was able to chase chickens and pet goats at Preschool. 
Taylor and Myles both fell asleep right after school and naturally I had to take a picture of my big sleeping babies...


Easton threw a fit while in his room and destroyed all of his pictures on his picture clothesline. I cried. I took a picture to prove that at 4 1/2 years old he is a stinker... 


Tay is loving the new basketball hoop and I am loving that my kids have an active activity to do. 
When the sun is shining I don't do laundry. Because I am an awesome housewife like that. 
We have the funniest dogs ever. They are so lazy. When they are outside, all they do is sleep. They don't wander, they don't dig or bury things, they just sit in the sun like lazy bums. 


We bought the kids some tree swings. We have the best trees in our front yard. I started to feel like it was a crime not to use them. Easton swings on his swing every day. Best. Investment. Ever.

Videos



Because we missed Dex's Birthday we sung to him via video. Then Tristian sent us a video of him watching his Birthday song. He is so cute! We love that boy...

Hope you all Have a Happy May!