January 13, 2014

Winter is WAY more fun with cousins

Kendrick's sister's girls are in town for a few weeks. They live in New Zealand now and were in Wanship visiting their dad during their summer vacation. On Saturday they invited us up for an afternoon of sledding and tubing behind the four wheeler, a bon fire with marshmallows and hot dogs, and just an all around awesome time in the mountains. I have been LOVING the mountains lately so I was thrilled to get the chance to spend the afternoon up there. Kendrick was awesome and made sure to get a lot of pictures. The few pictures I tried to get were taken from behind the 4 wheeler and turned out kind of crazy. It was so nice to spend the day with family we haven't seen forever and even get to meet some new family members. We all enjoyed our time with everyone up there. I am glad my kids got to experience a fun outdoor activity like that with cousins they rarely see. When we got back to Sandy, we went out for Mexican food so the last pictures you will see are of Easton at La Puente shooting the bad guys and then Myles asleep in Kendrick's recliner with Cha Cha. I think as adults we forget how much exercise it is for little ones to slide down and climb back up hills all afternoon...our kids were pooped!

A horse drawn sleigh took us to "the island" where there was a big bon fire set up.
Tay got to hold the reigns!

So did Myles! Jack was offered the opportunity but he passed it up.
This was taken on the back of the 4 wheeler. Kendrick and I accidentally left our snow pants on the living room floor so we didn't get to ride the tube. All I was wearing was leggings so my legs were freezing until Kacey offered to let me where her ski pants. I would love to go back, properly dressed and have the chance to be pulled around on the tube though.
Easton didn't love his ride on the tube but the big kids couldn't get enough of it!
We wedged Easton in between Kendrick and I and I tried to get a picture with him. I didn't realize until we got off the 4 wheeler, that his hat was covering half his face the whole time.
All of us (minus Kacey's girls and Dan's brother and Dad)
Kendrick with Calle, Maryssa and Macee
Kendrick with Dan and his girls. I am glad Kendrick and Dan have remained friends.
Kendrick and Dan
Easton full from eating corn dogs and macaroni (who orders that at a Mexican restaurant?) shooting some bad guys.
A boy and his pup. Our kids came home, changed into their Patriots gear and then lounged around until bedtime. Myles couldn't keep his eyes open once the toasty pig decided to cuddle with him.