January 31, 2014

New year, new randoms

I was going to stop doing these posts this year, but during the winter we don't do a whole lot and I end up having very few reason to keep up with blogging if I don't at least post the monthly randoms. Unfortunately my phone died last Saturday and we can't get it to turn back on so all my darling January 2013 photos will probably never be posted. I have the WORST luck with cell phones. Seriously. I don't know what it is about me and cell phones, but I can't seem to keep one for a long period of time without it pooping out on me. So all my cute random pictures are unavailable, but here are Kendrick's random pictures...

I forgot to post this earlier. Myles' teacher sent this to me last week after he wrote it and I just about melted. This kid- he should become a writer because at 7 years old, I love the way he says things.
So...not to brag but our kids are total spelling champs! They all have gotten 100% on every spelling test for the past 2 months. Amazing!! Oh, and since I'm bragging: the boys passed off all 20 vocab sheets (not 20 words, 20 sheets) the day after they got them. 
Only Kendrick could get away with taking a picture of his office manager getting a speeding ticket and have her laugh it off rather than being ticked! She even posted this on FB.
I think I did irreversible damage to my knees during the holidays by flying my kids around on them. I can no longer bend down without my knees cracking and squats haven't felt the same since New Years. But look how happy this guy is when he gets to "fly" on my knees!
Myles lost a tooth and the tooth fairy brought him a dollar bill folded into a star. Jack lost the same tooth a week later and the tooth fairy brought him a dollar bill folded into a heart. That pic of Jack is on my phone:(
Basketball is the main event for us every Saturday. Which is awesome, when Tay actually wants to play. She goes through phases with this sport. Some days she is spot on and plays so well and doesn't care what anyone thinks. And then other days she simply doesn't want to play and she doesn't even try. Having a 9 1/2 year old  daughter is a blast.



I LOVE this picture. This was one of the best games her team played and I don't mind saying that she had A LOT to do with it.

Our cute favorite dog can't get enough of the snow. Notice it says pic 554 of 605... I have a lot of pictures on my phone.
This is Easton and his little friend, Michael in Primary. Kendrick LOVES spying in on the kids while they are in Primary. I love that he takes pictures of them though the window. Because that's not creepy at all.
The most unflattering selfie angle EVER. Easton is kind of in love with taking selfies these days. I just don't know if I love that he loves taking them in bed.
Our friend's new baby, Cameron. So cute.
Remember this red haired wonder that I used to watch? Look how big he is getting!
Silly Grandma had a Birthday on January 23rd. The kids made her this poster (and Easton drew her a picture). 
Random thoughts:

I am so sick of this house. I know we are lucky to have it so I will not list all the many reasons I am sick of it. But there is a long list of reasons why this house frustrates me. Just the house. I love the ward, neighborhood and area we live in. But this house is on my last nerve. I am starting to wonder if we can do better in our price range? I am even considering giving Cha Cha to a neighbor (who wants her?) so we can fit into the "one pet per rental" trend and find a nicer place to rent in Utah County. Yes, Utah County. I don't think we can afford to stay in this area if we move. Which makes me sad because east side Sandy is so much fun.

I am noticing things about the kids' school that I didn't before. Maybe it's because I am spending more time there this year, maybe it's the new principal, or the boundary change, or all that I have learned being on the SCC and being friends with some of the teachers, but I have concerns about their school and I don't know what to do about them.

I need a job. I am at that lovely phase of "stay at home motherhood" where I feel like I am not pulling my weight. In reality, I am. I know I keep this place afloat and I don't think I am in the wrong to say that. But with 3 of the 4 kids gone all day, I feel like I have way more free time than one mom should...
Let me be clear, I am going to remain a stay at home mom for as long as we can afford it. Because I feel like me being here when the kids leave for school and then again when they come home is the best thing I can do for them. But it is harder than I anticipated. I think I liked staying home more when I had babies to keep me busy all day long.

So I should probably enroll in online classes and work on getting my degree. But where do I start though? SLCC? And what should I study? I've thought about studying marketing and then getting my Real Estate license-but I am not really a people person. I just like to pretend I am. So do I really want to help high maintenance people find homes? And drive them around? And talk to them on the phone in the evening when my shows are on? I also thought about studying nutrition but then what do I do with that degree? Or there is nursing? Child Development? Design? There are so many options that it is slightly overwhelming.

We are in the market for a cheap second car. It's been 2 1/2 years and it's time. Especially now that Kendrick is working more than ever and has a calling that keeps him busy. I need a way to be mobile again.

Centurylink is not awesome these days. Does anyone else feel that way? Anyone have any recommendations on a good internet provider?

We also need a new cell phone provider. We've had Verizon our whole marriage and we have liked it just fine but the two year contracts and the high monthly payments are starting to get old. I don't want to sign another 2 year contract if I don't have to. And I think we can find somewhere that will provide good service to both our cell phones for less than $150 a month. Or am I living in a fantasy world?

I miss my friends. Not just my Riverton girls who I only see once every 2 or 3 months, or Melanie who I only see once every two years, or Heidi who I only see twice a year. I also miss Debbie and Jenn. And they literally live next door to me!! Jenn colored her hair red and I hadn't seen it because I NEVER see her (because it is too cold to go outside and play). And I don't remember the last time I saw Debbie. I don't even have play dates with Carissa and Shelly all that often because it is too bloody cold to leave the house.

Kendrick is off soda. I, in a fit of self righteousness, told him that he would feel better and lose weight if he gave it up. And I might have promised him that if he could stay off soda for an entire year, that he could buy new golf clubs...so he hasn't touched the stuff since I said that. It's amazing. Why didn't I bribe him with that sooner? I know he is going to love his life come summertime when he is hot and thirsty and he no longer craves anything but water. You are welcome in advance babe:)

A friend of ours is pregnant. There will be a twelve year gap between her two kids, but she is finally pregnant. I am so happy for her! Another friend just had a baby last week. It gets me to thinking about whether or not I could/should/would be willing to have another baby. Babies are hard-mostly because of all the havoc they wreak on my mind/body/wallet. But then they grow into little Eastons and are so much fun...

Tay had a doctor appointment last night that I was not looking forward to. It's a hard doctor to get into. And it could have been such a blessing to us. Or it could have changed our lives drastically. But the office has some serious scheduling issues and for the 3rd time in less than 2 months our appointment was canceled. This time it wasn't even put on the schedule! So we drove all the way out to West Jordan only to find out that we weren't even on the schedule, even though I had email proof that we were supposed to be on the schedule. Now part of me feels like I was peer pressured into making that appointment. Maybe we can get by without seeing this doctor? But then part of me feels like this is something that needs to happen and I am just in denial. Either way, I hope I will get some clarity soon and figure out what to do about some of the things Tay is facing.

The Grammy's were awful and I had to kick my kids out of the room, or change the channel or look away for a lot of parts. And people keep talking about how awful they were!! Why? Doesn't that just encourage the Grammy show producers to keep making crappy shows because it keeps us talking? Let's all be silent about crappy shows and then maybe producers will try harder to make quality shows.

EVERYONE and their dog still watches Breaking Bad. I don't. Should I? I can't imagine anything good will come from watching it. But I said that about Walking Dead and now I am in love with that show and I feel slightly more prepared should we ever actually face a zombie apocalypse.

John Gibson or "Gibby" on Fox News Radio feels like an old friend. Easton and I listen to him every day at lunch time and I love that at 4 years old my son is asking questions about Obamacare and Bengazi. His favorite advertisement is about the warning signs of a stroke and what to do if you or a loved one are having one. Maybe he SHOULD start Kindergarten this fall instead of waiting until he's 6? I don't know if political talk radio is what he needs at this age.

My hair won't grow. I took biotin-nothing. I took prenatal vitamins (which incidentally make you bloat big time if you take them when you are not pregnant or nursing)-nothing. I started washing my hair less. I maybe use heat styling once or twice a week, if that. I don't color it as often as I should. I eat right, I work out. I only buy paraban/sulfate free shampoo...
What is going on!? For the past 3 years my hair has been basically the same length. I definitely got in the wrong line when they were giving out good skin, big boobs and great hair in heaven.

Kendrick is amazing. He is working so hard. He is tearing it up out there in Utah County. He just had his one year anniversary with this company and it has been such a great year working with them. I am so grateful for all he is doing. He has a lot on his plate right now between work and his calling (YM presidency) and being a good dad and husband and trying to make time for himself (basketball-his only form of cardio). Thank you for all you do Kendrick!!!

Taylor's class uses a little social network called Edmodo and it cracks me up. These little 4th graders have nothing of importance to say so they just take turns saying hello to each other. I currently have 127 new messages in my inbox (Tay is signed up through my email) from 15 different kids all just saying "Hello" or "hi everyone" or "I am happy" to each other. I keep hoping someone will work up the nerve to say something else...tell us what you had for lunch?, who do you like?, what did you play at recess? ANYTHING other than hello. In the time it took me to write that I just received 9 more hellos:) Oh, just kidding. Newsflash:
Gavin wants everyone to know that he loves corndogs. Way to mix it up Gavin!!


Maybe I should get Tay her own email address so these don't clutter my inbox?