October 14, 2013

Conference Weekend

We had such a relaxing Conference Weekend. It was perfect. Normally, for Conference weekend I plan home improvement projects and give out cleaning assignments and arrange other "keep us busy" activities. This year I didn't. In fact, we had family photos scheduled for Saturday and I cancelled them. I decided that I can spare 2 weekends a year where I do nothing but sit back, relax and get spiritually fed. So that's what we did. And Conference was amazing! My favorite talks were Elder Holland's and President Eyring's talks. They both really touched me.

We didn't just sit around and be lazy though. On Saturday, after the morning session we decided to walk up to our favorite pet store on Highland and show Kendrick what the big deal is about that place. To walk by it, it looks like nothing special, it's just a hole in the wall pet store. Then you go in and it's mostly reptiles and birds with a few rodents and your like, "Oh, this is nice." And then you meet their staff and they are all super friendly and informative. The best part is that they have an "open cage" policy where they will allow you to hold just about any animal. So we did. We held a baby long haired guinea pig that was so cute! We held a lizard and then we held this guy...






Eek right!? I was so shocked that I held that thing. It was cool though and I have to say-I never thought snakes seemed like a cool pet, but now I kind of get it. This snake had a personality and was very friendly. I still don't want one in my house though.Then there is this guy-I don't know why, but I think this dragon is so stinkin' cute. And it's skin is just about the coolest texture ever. It's like boondoggle.




On Sunday after the morning session of Conference we decided to drive up Millcreek Canyon and see the beautiful fall colors. I love that canyon. I haven't been up there in years and it was cool to listen to Conference in the car while soaking in the beautiful mountains. I will always be a beach girl but I have to say, I would love to live in the mountains if given the opportunity. I grow to love them more and more the older I get. Naturally, we had to stop and take pictures...



 




This huge bug landed on our windshield and creeped us out by crawling around right in front of our faces for awhile.
Pictures to prove that we were lazy butts.

Getting his haircut was exhausting and he passed out on my lap. Who needs a lap dog when I have a lap preschooler?
Before the first talk of Conference even began.
Taylor and Cha Cha