July 2, 2013

The Lindon Pool

On Saturday we were able to attend the Utah County Association of Realtor's pool party in Lindon. I am still not a fan of Utah County. It just feels weird. Driving there on a Saturday evening felt dull, like everyone was inside ironing their church clothes for Sunday. I can't imagine what it must feel like on a SUNDAY!
Despite the boring feeling in the air the minute we crossed the county line, we enjoyed ourselves and couldn't have imagined a better day to get in the pool. It was 100+ on Saturday and standing in the sun for even 1 minute was causing my face to melt off so I was so excited to be able to float around a lazy river for a few hours.
Easton was a little stink pot and it took him nearly an hour to warm up to getting in the pool, but once he did, he loved it. They have a flow rider at that pool too so Kendrick and each of the big kids took a turn wiping out on it. Those machines hold no appeal for me. Getting knocked on my arse while wearing my swimsuit in front of a crowd of people does not sound the least bit fun in my opinion. But Kendrick and the kids seemed to get a kick out of it.
The weather couldn't have been better for a pool party, everyone was really nice, the snacks were free and the kids had a blast. It was a truly perfect way to spend a summer evening!
 
Kendrick and the kids waiting in line for the flow rider
Myles
Easton and I
Kendrick and I
Easton on the kiddie slide
Taylor, Jack and Myles
All of us
A freaking bathing beauty
Jack
Kendrick had to take a turn manning the cotton candy stand. Here he is with his coworkers, Jose and Christy
Our kids thought it was pretty neat to wait in line to get cotton candy from their Dad.