April 2, 2016

Halloween

Halloween was 6 months ago and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. Go me! The years of me being able to dress my whole family in matching, themed costumes have passed. I should have started when our kids were younger. Last Halloween I wanted us to all be Avengers together. But Tay wanted to be a mad hatter. This coming Halloween I still want to attempt being The Harry Potter crew, but Easton seems to think that being Rocky Balboa or Indiana Jones would be more fun. And what on earth would Layla be to go with the Harry Potter theme? An owl? 

 I was 9 weeks pregnant and so so sick last Halloween. As cute as some of these pictures are-when I look at them I almost feel nauseous again because I remember how miserable I was feeling. It took 3 cans of red hair spray to get my hair to look like Black Widows for our boy's class Halloween parties and by the end of the day-my hair was so stiff and heavy it was starting to hurt my head. Much to Kendrick's dismay-I had to wash it out that night and go buy a red wig for Trick or Treating. I'd say it then took a good 3 or 4 hair washes before I got all the red out of my hair. I don't think I'll ever attempt that again. 

Kendrick and the boys' costumes were so easy. It was just a matter of picking them from a catalog and voila! Tay's was a little more complicated. She had a very specific Mad Hatter look in mind and she's at that weird in between girls and teenager sizes stage so things don't quite fit her the way they should. But I think she looked darling!  

 Last Halloween season I was just worn out and overwhelmed by this pregnancy so we literally waited until the absolute last minute to go pick out pumpkins. We stayed away from the witches at Gardener Village, and we only half heartedly attempted to make candy houses. I feel sad when I think about it-but I know I'll do better this year. Plus, not one member of my family complained, so I must not have dropped the ball too badly.