October 12, 2015

My 33rd

My Birthday was last month. It fell on Labor Day weekend so we decided to take the family camping up Big Cottonwood Canyon Saturday and Sunday. I'm over my Birthday. I don't want to get old anymore. I think I'll just find another excuse to eat cake because with each passing year my Birthday makes me feel just a little bit more melancholy about how quickly time flies.

The night before my Birthday Kendrick took me out to dinner. Then the next morning we did our Birthday breakfast routine and I opened some presents before we went camping shopping and packed up the car. He took A LOT of pictures and I thought it was so cute I had to post about it.









When we pulled into our camp spot it was raining. And as Kendrick and the boys were putting up the tent, it started raining even harder. I started to have some serious doubts about how we had chosen to spend our weekend but Kendrick and the kids were so excited about it that I sucked it up. Luckily, the sky cleared and even thought the nights were bitter cold-the days were rather pleasant. Sometimes it's more fun to camp when it's cooler. Not once did we have to apply sunscreen, I didn't hear a single complaint about the tent being too hot, and we never worried about being dehydrated. Our only issue the whole weekend was staying warm...

We did NOT mark this tree. We just thought it was funny that our name was already in it.
Campground turkey. He acted like he owned the joint and could be found rummaging through people's camp spots at any hour of the day... and obviously he was okay with having his picture taken.
 As we were driving to our campsite on Saturday I commented to Kendrick that we should stop and buy a cake for that evening in lieu of doing s'mores. I was baffled and my feelings were totally hurt when he said, "I don't think we need to do that, we have enough stuff..." in a totally nonchalant, I forgot it was your Birthday tone. Little did I know that he and Tiffany had arranged for their family to come up and surprise me that evening with a DELICIOUS raspberry filled butter cream cake (my favorite!!) from one of my favorite bakeries! We had a good time playing some riveting rounds of ladder ball and visiting around the fire before they drove home to their warm beds! But their visit made my whole day!






This cute guy tries so hard to make Birthdays special for me. I'm grateful for him and all the love and support he gives me.

I had a very good Birthday despite my best efforts to ignore it. I am so grateful to the friends and family who sent cards and brought over treats and went out of their way to text. Thank you!