October 2, 2014

The twins turned 8

Tuesday was the twins Birthday. It was a super long, exhausting, wonderful, busy and fun day. I also watched Dex and Oly that day. So today I have a mountain of laundry. And I am talking a MOUNTAIN that touches the ceiling... and no desire whatsoever to touch it. So I am blogging about the twins Birthday instead of folding all our clothes. Seems like a perfectly acceptable reason not to get caught up on laundry, right? I mean, this is for posterity after all.

I decided when the twins started school that they would always have the option to chose whether or not they even wanted to go to school on their Birthday. Since Tay and Easton have summer Birthdays and get to be at home, in my mind it is only fair to give the twins the same option. Jack chose to go to school. Myles did not. If I'm being honest I sort of thought it would go the other way around. But Jack was super excited to have all the Birthday attention to himself and Myles was totally content just chilling at home with his new loot. So everyone was happy.

We had to wake up early to squeeze in the morning Birthday routine of presents and breakfast before Jack and Tay went to school and then Myles decided that he wanted to spend the morning at the park, playing soccer with their new soccer net. After that we came home and he built his new Lego set and then ate his Birthday lunchable and watched a movie. It was kind of a boring day. And because I had Dex and Oly, and Easton is in half day Kindergarten, I didn't feel like I had the ability to take Myles anywhere. Plus, then there is the whole concern about being fair and not favoring one twin over the other. I didn't want to take Myles out to lunch or something while Jack was at school...even though Jack chose to be at school. As far as problems go, that's a dumb one to have, I know. But we ended up just staying home. I kept asking Myles if he was happy and having a good day and he said he was, so hopefully his 8th Birthday will go down in his memory as one of his favorite Birthdays...

When Kendrick got home we met up with my parents, and my brother and his wife at Boondocks for some arcade fun. We talked everyone into playing laser tag and Kendrick and I won the kids a TON of tickets by playing games we kick trash at. For him it's basketball. For me it's shooting. After Boondocks we ate dinner over at In and Out Burger. The boys tasted it for the first time on Saturday night when they went to their first Utah football game. (I will include those pictures as well...)
Since their first taste of it, they have been craving it. They are so their father's boys.

While we were at In and Out Burger, Tay got sick. Then she ended up puking all over the garage when we got home. It was sad. Poor girl just ended up just taking a bath and going straight to bed even though Richard and Tiana came over to eat Birthday cake with us. And poor Kendrick ended up having to hose down the garage while I got the cakes ready. When all was said and done we didn't end up doing Birthday cake until like 9:30 at night. The twins didn't end up even heading to bed until 10:30 and Richard and Tiana stayed and chatted with us until 12:30. It was a really fun evening, but we were all so tired the next day.

The next night, Richard and Tiana took Jack and Myles out to dinner at Famous Daves and to Gamestop to choose a new video game then out to ice cream at Culvers. Our kids are spoiled.

I am so grateful for our sweet boys. I am glad they had a fun Birthday. I love the years where I don't have to plan friend parties and we can just hang out as a family. I will be so sad when this time of our life is over and our kids won't want to hang out with Kendrick and I on their Birthdays anymore. Yay for the boys only turning 8 and still thinking we are cool!

We love you Jack and Myles!!!

Their first Utah game...






Birthday morning...


Boondocks...












In and Out...





The rest of that evening...




Famous Daves and Culvers with Richard and Tiana...