August 18, 2014

The Party

Due to...life, we had to postpone Easton's Birthday party one week. This was quite confusing to him at first. For about a week he walked around thinking that on the 9th he turned 5 and that on the 16th he would turn 6. I could tell he was torn between being excited or scared to death. A week is not enough time to experience being 5! I guess I am a little to blame, apparently he caught me in a moment of complete distraction and asked me if on the day of his Birthday Party he would be 6. Apparently I said yes in an effort to answer his question and go back to my business. I don't recall him ever even asking me...
but I do know that if you try to converse with me when I am working out, deep cleaning or sleeping I will tell you whatever you want to hear so you will go away. Oops, my bad!

This was the laziest, most half hearted attempt at a party I have ever thrown. I booked the pavilion at our favorite park back in July and then just sort of procrastinated and waited until the last minute (the night before and morning of) to go buy party supplies and cupcakes and everything else. I had no plan. No games, no itinerary, no prizes. Nothing. I knew we were eating grilled hot dogs and at some point we would do cupcakes and a pinata and presents, but that was it. Lesson learned. Because I was kind of a nutcase at the party and honestly, if it weren't for our friends, Tiff, Dean and Heidi the party would have been a disaster. They did SO much to help us that day. All of these pictures are courtesy Heidi. All the structure and order and complete lack of chaos was because Tiff was there with her level headed brain. And the only reason the pinata worked out was because Dean ran home to grab rope and worked out a pulley system and took over the whole pinata experience for us. Kendrick deserves credit too-he ran to the store multiple times for me that day and sat in front of a very hot grill on a 90+ degree day grilling hot dogs. Oh, and quick shout out to my mom who went to several stores with me on a hunt for a Toy Story related pinata, only to finally give up at Walmart and chose a present shaped pinata. Then, probably because she sensed that I was stressed out, she went ahead and bought Kendrick and I some shirts to help distract me from my stress. New clothes are such a great way to distract me! I am lucky that I have such awesome people to help me.

As I said before, there was no structure to this party. So I will try my best to put these pictures into some sort of order. But just know, there was no order that day...

Pin the tail on Bullseye!






Presents!









Cupcakes!




Pinata!







Duck Duck Goose!












Red Rover





A whole bunch of pictures of Tay and Hay per their request






The sweet Birthday boy and my sweaty self


Other than when that last picture was being taken, I didn't get a chance to really talk to Easton that day. We had friends in and out all afternoon and that evening I took Tiff for a pedicure and then we had dinner with neighbors that night. I didn't get to talk to him about his party until Sunday morning. I asked if he liked it and he said he did...but that he wished he had had a Buzz Lightyear Pinata! I felt so bad.
Next time little man, I will get you WHATEVER pinata you want and I will have it weeks in advance!