June 30, 2014

Taylor is TEN!!

I have a ten year old!! That is crazy to me. In two years she will be in Young Womens, and in 3 years she will officially be a teenager. Heaven help me.

Tay got to celebrate her Birthday twice this year. The first celebration took place a week early up in Park City with her Grandma, her grandma's friend, and I. We shopped, we rode all the rides at Olympic Park, and we went out to lunch. Tay had such a good time and scored some really cute clothes from her Grandma Winter. After that we came home and rested before heading off to a Drive-In movie with our fun neighbors. It wasn't technically something we planned for Tay's Birthday, but since it happened on the same day, why not include it in this post, right? Tay ended up with a mild case of heat exhaustion from being in Park City for like 8+ hours with no water, so we had to leave the Drive-In after the first movie because poor Tay couldn't make it 10 minutes without running to the bathroom to throw up. We really should know by now that Utah summers are harsh.



My mom and Lynette

Selfie on a Ski Lift...kind of scary! I thought I'd drop my phone...

Tiff loves Tay. And Tay loves Tiff. They had a real bonding moment last summer when Tiff handled an extremely bratty moment of Taylor's very well. Ever since then they have been BFF's. 
Tay and Makelle. Don't let that smile fool you-Tay was miserable.
My cute boys and I

At 10 years old Taylor definitely knows what she does and doesn't want. There is no swaying her. Which I guess is a good thing, but man did it make planning her party difficult. My plan was to rent out a pavilion at the park and BBQ and get a pinata and some water balloons and let Tay invite as many friends as she wanted-boys and girls. But she wanted none of that idea. To spare you all the drama and back and forth between us, I will just say that I was relieved when she finally made a decision about her party: she wanted to stay in a hotel and go swimming with ONE friend: Haleigh. It was really the perfect plan because I didn't have to order or make a cake. I didn't have to buy food or decorations. I didn't have to clean my house. I didn't have to put together party favors or think of games and music. No one left me an RSVP text and I didn't have to go searching for the perfect pinata the night before. I was really excited to let her have such a chill Birthday. And since Haleigh's mom came along, I had someone to hang out with too!

On our way to the hotel we stopped at the dollar store and went a little crazy...


Once we got to the hotel, we took some selfies to send to Kendrick and then we swam...



Then Haleigh and Heidi arrived and the fun really began...






After unwrapping presents we started pedicures and facials and an all night marathon of Say Yes to The Dress: Atlanta...



There was no sink at the hotel so we had to improvise and use the sink.










The girls fell asleep around 1:00. Then Haleigh had a soccer game at 10:00 so her and Heidi had to leave early...



When Tay and I came home we opened presents and did the cake and ice cream routine. Tay wanted a gluten free Surprise cake. I've never made it gluten free before so I was scared it wouldn't turn out good. But it was DIVINE. And completely gone by Sunday. After presents and cake we watched Tay's new Birthday movies, Indiana Jones. I made her wait until she was 10 to see if because I remember it being a lot scarier than it actually is.













When Makelle got home that day she had to run over and see Miss Tay as fast as she could. Makelle is probably Taylor's most loyal follower friend. I am grateful that Tay has her unconditional love. Makelle has been a huge blessing for Tay,


Since we spent her Birthday eve watching wedding gown shows, why not spend her Birthday evening at an actual wedding? My cousin, Mike had his wedding reception at This Is The Place Heritage Park so we spent the evening visiting with family and enjoying a beautiful summer evening. My cousin Kristina also has a June 28th Birthday so I had to get a picture of her and Tay together...


A few days after her Birthday, Richard and Tiana came and took Tay out to dinner and shopping. She originally wanted some Red Lobster for dinner but then she learned that crab legs don't come pre-broken so instead she opted for Texas Roadhouse ribs. After that she got to shop till she dropped and pick out treats at the store. Richard and T definitely spoiled her and she was a happy lady when she got home! Thank you Richard and Tiana for taking Tay out for a fun filled evening. I think it was her all time favorite "gift" from you guys!







We love you Tay! I am guessing by all the smiling you did this weekend, that you had an awesome Birthday! I hope 10 is a great year for you little lady!!