June 30, 2014

11 years and Lagoon!!

Kendrick and I had a 12 hour date on our 11th Anniversary. We had originally wanted to have a night away in Park City but we sort of waited until the last minute to find an overnight sitter so we were thrilled when our neighbor, Tiff offered to take our kids all day Tuesday. We started out the day with a little shopping excursion to Kendrick's favorite place off the golf course, Nordstrom Rack, so that he could find the perfect Lagoon outfit. Then we hit the rides. And it appears that I am a wuss. Who knew that having 4 kids turned you into a lightweight? Everything made me nauseous. I don't know if it was the heat or low blood sugar or what, but I got off every non water ride feeling like my head was spinning. Not Kendrick though. His spinal fluid evens out when he's upside down so he did the Colossus several times by himself while I watched from the shade. After Lagoon we had a lovely dinner at Olive Garden. Eggplant Parmesan is my cheat meal. I crave it constantly and only let myself indulge in it once every couple months. Then, because it was our anniversary and we had a sitter, and who counts calories on their Anniversary- we went and saw Maleficent with a bucket of popcorn and a side of milk duds. All in all, the day was perfect. PERFECT. It was so nice to spend the entire day together, doing things like eating snow cones and fries for lunch, doing the photo booth and waiting 30 minutes in a water slide line surrounded by gross horny teenagers. Those are things we just don't do when we have the kids in tow.
I am grateful that I married my best friend. I'm grateful that he's mine. I'm grateful that we got to spend the entire day doing what we did on our honeymoon 11 years ago...
                                                   riding roller coasters and being careless!!







I love you Kendrick! Thank you for yet another fun Anniversary Date!!