April 4, 2014

This little piggy...

Cha Cha. What is something positive that I can say about this dog? She had her 8th Birthday in March and we didn't do a darn thing to celebrate it. She's one year closer to death.
Oh, okay that's harsh.
I'll apologize to her later.
Here's the thing, I have been trying to tap into why I have so many issues with this dog. She is not a bad dog. She is potty trained and doesn't chew on stuff and...well that's it really. Yeah, she's cranky. But she is the smallest and stinkiest one in the house so that naturally means we pick on her more than anyone else. And us picking on her probably contributes a great deal to her crankiness. I don't know if it's a pug thing or if it's a HER thing but she is probably the moodiest dog I've ever met. Moodiness just radiates from her eyeballs. And she farts. A lot. When she isn't farting in her sleep, she's snorting at us or chewing on herself. Are these normal pug traits? If so, a pug is NOT the breed for me. But I can't get rid of her because the kids love her. They LOVE to torture her. They squeeze her and kiss her until she snaps at them and they pull her tail until she barks. They love to overfeed her until she pukes and they baby talk her until I want to puke.

I don't think I will ever write a post about how blessed I feel to have Cha Cha in my life, but I did think I should post some pictures and videos of her. Someday, when she's gone, I will need proof that I survived having this dog in my life. I sometimes wish I had taken more pictures of the kitties to prove that I lived through having them. Sometimes I forget about them. And then I see a cat and I realize that cats are the devil's pet of choice and I remember why I never want to own another cat again. Anyway, I feel the same way about Cha Cha-she is a devil dog. And in my book, pugs rank right up there with cats: they should all live on their own island so that no human ever has to deal with their crap (both literal and psychological).





Please ignore my voice in both these videos. It is so deadpan and bleh. Also, you will hear that I let my kids use the word "stupid". I realize that in many people's eyes that makes me a failure as a mother. Oh well. If it turns out that they don't get accepted to college because their mother let them use words like "poop", "fart" and "stupid" when they were young than I am sure I will feel great remorse for it. As of now, I don't lose any sleep over it.


Unless you put her outside, THIS is what you will hear while you eat...


This is a DAILY occurrence. I am sure Zoey lays in bed and wonders what she did wrong to deserve having to share us with Cha Cha.