April 2, 2014

Pictures

Let's pretend for just one second that I am not debating being done with blogging. Let's pretend that this blog isn't private and that people actually read it. Let's pretend that I don't listen to FOX news all day long and that they don't have me scared to death that someone will steal mine and my family member's identities through my blog if I make it public again. Let's pretend it's summer and warm everyday and that we have been doing so many fun things lately that I just haven't had time to blog...

Okay, done pretending. Truth is we have been busy. We have done some fun stuff. But mostly we have just been busy. Kendrick is working harder than ever. I am helping at the school at least 3 days a week. Easton started a joy school preschool in the ward. This week is my turn to teach and it's stressing me out. Which is silly since I've never met a judgemental preschooler. Homework takes up a huge chunk of our life every evening. I work out and clean in the morning and then Easton and I help at the school or go on little outings with our friend, Carissa in the afternoon and that leaves next to no time for blogging.

I have had loads of stress heaped on my shoulders this month. Life keeps throwing me curve balls. I am trying to better deal with those curve balls than I have in years past but I find that the ONLY way I can avoid falling into a deep depression is to stay super busy. I don't even read books anymore. I find that when I read books I actually just let my mind wander and instead of getting absorbed into a story, I get absorbed in my own problems. We all have problems though. I know that. So I really shouldn't use this blog as a forum to vent about mine.

I will say that I have felt very blessed lately. March was my least favorite month in a long time but man was I blessed that month! Sometimes I feel very lonely in my trials. Luckily, I have such a good little group of friends who are always available to talk and who have yet to pass judgement on me-no matter what I share (or over share) with them. I have a sister in law who lets me vent for hours via text and is always very patient and kind with me. I have Melanie and Sarah who are always inspired to know just when to call. Even if I don't pick up the call-they always call at the exact moment that I need to know I'm not alone. That is nothing short of a tender mercy in my eyes. And my mom is always so good about knowing just when to text and invite me to do something. We have had some flat out miracles happen for us lately. Things are finally looking up financially. And we are healthy. That one is HUGE. I will take just about any other trial over having a terminally ill family member. I am currently watching my visiting teacher deal with her 5 year old's cancer and I give thanks on a daily basis that my babies are all healthy. I also feel so lucky to live where we live. I love this area. My neighborhood isn't perfect and I certainly don't want to live in this house, or even in this neighborhood forever, but I do love how close we are to so many things and how picturesque my view of the mountains is. Whether my blessings have come in the form of a dozen donuts brought by a neighbor, or opportunities to go go the temple, or unexpected inheritance checks to cushion our savings account, or even just random thoughtful texts from friends, I have felt very blessed and watched out for lately.

All these pictures are so random. I don't feel like adding captions for each one. So I'll just explain a few:
we went hiking then visited Ruby Snap cookies in SLC for the first time. Easton started Preschool. Kendrick and I had a fun date night. We got to see Dex and Oliver like a month ago. We went on a fun family date downtown in February and rode TRAX. We went to a Utah gymnastics meet. We spend a lot of time shopping at Walmart. Like, we should probably buy stock in that store because we are there at least once or twice a week. Easton and I went to the Zoo with my mom. Kendrick and I attended the YM/YW etiquette dinner. Easton started taking an interest in piano lessons...
Um, I think that's it. That should cover just about every random picture on here.

The Living Room hike with Carissa:



Yes, that's a phone in my pocket. I wasn't happy to see anyone;)





Gratuitous date night selfies gone wrong







The Zoo with Grandma Winter







Random Silliness:

Working in Utah County definitely has it's hazards...
If you give a kid a camera...
He's going to take lots of up close pictures.
When he does, you will see that you have the WORLD's shiniest face.
Who doesn't love the fact that there are RECLINERS in the bathroom at Traverse Mountain Outlets?
Me- Easton, did you finish your grapes?
Easton- No, I couldn't.
Me- Why not? Are you full?
Easton- No. My guys' legs were cold.
Tay and sweet baby Oliver.
He took each U.S. win during the Olympics as a personal victory.
Grandma and Grandpa Winter got the kids each a $10 McDonald's gift card for Valentine's Day. The kids were in HEAVEN.
That's one way to read...
Carissa's daughter, Allison right before she decided to do the splits in our shopping cart. I've never met a baby that hates being buckled more than her.
Flat Myles made it home safely from Missouri. Myles decided to lay out both his and Flat Myles' suits for church.
Sleep is his scapegoat for EVERYTHING he doesn't want to do. Whether it's eating dinner, brushing his teeth or cleaning his room-he can fall asleep at will if it means getting out of doing something he has no interest in. We need to break this very bad habit.
I may have eaten 9 donuts in 4 hours. Don't judge.
I don't know-maybe we should teach Myles how to spell his first name?
Easton learned about Nephi and the Brass Plates at Preschool and naturally drew a picture of Batman when he was asked to draw a picture of what he learned from that story. 
While I help at the school I have a personal photographer that follows me around and snaps pictures of me. It's all very paparazzi-esq.



We took cupcakes in for Ms. Hirst's Birthday and then naturally had to snap a silly face picture!
Easton made his own money and then turned our living room into a store. I bought everything in the store-twice.




Family date downtown via TRAX






I finally talked my mom into giving our kids chores and things to help her with when they go visit her. I was always expected to help my Grandma Winter when we'd visit her and I think it was one of the best character building experiences for me-I am now a very hard worker and LIKE to help other people work. I want the same thing for our kids.





Random preciousness

Tay at her last Jr. Jazz game. It was a long season but she learned a lot and I think this sparked a new interest in basketball for her. I hope she sticks with it-she is so cute when she plays.
A little one learning the piano is the cutest thing ever
I loved watching him try so hard to follow the lesson.
First day of preschool
He's learning to "build" words!
He thinks his mama is the most beautiful and funny person he knows and tells her on a DAILY basis:)
Kendrick went to a Death By Chocolate event for work and brought me home a plate of yumminess. I didn't eat it because it was a weekday and I try to not eat sugar during the week but it's the thought that counts.
Easton and I went for a walk one day and passed the twins at recess. They were so excited they ran over to say hi to us and Easton and Jack shook hands through the fence-soo cute!
Love my boys so much!
The twins missed school because they got pink eye so their teacher sent home an art project for them to do. She even sent home enough supplies for Easton to do one. Helping them do this reminded me how much I love teaching. I wish I had discovered this love years ago-now I feel too old and tired to be a teacher or to even go back to school for a teaching degree. p.s. after I saw this picture I promptly moved my "hutch" so that it was centered under the shelf! So sorry about the lack of symmetry in this photo. 
Sorry, it has taken me so long to update the blog. You two whole readers must have been really shaken up about it
*wink *wink