November 9, 2013

28 Days of Gratitude Day 9

Day 9-

I am grateful for Kendrick's oldest sister, Angela. Angela is the one who introduced Kendrick and I. So basically I owe my marriage to her. Angela can be intimidating. She has her stuff together. She has a darling family and the cute home and a ton of friends and she is strong and faithful and sometimes comes across as perfect. For years I was scared to death of Angela. I think I was scared that she would regret introducing me to Kendrick. That she would see the "real" me and go, "Oh! Actually, I don't want you to be with my brother..." Luckily she hasn't done that. If anything, she has always been super supportive of Kendrick and I. I admire Angela because she has one of the strongest senses of right and wrong of anyone I know. She knows what's right and she does it. She is full of faith and hope and she isn't afraid to live the gospel. Angela has offered me some of the best tidbits of advice about marriage. She, like her mom, has had to "talk me down" when I get too worked up. I appreciate her so much for that. I hope that someday I can be the caliber of wife and mom that Angela is. I love you Ang!