August 27, 2013

So much F.U.N

Kendrick and I were able to go see F.U.N on Friday night. We've had these tickets since Valentine's Day and I will admit, my excitement for this concert started to wear off with each passing month. Especially when I learned that my mom had to go to Oregon to help my grandma, so she wouldn't be able to tend for us. I have a hard time letting anyone but my mom tend. A-I am cheap and B-it's hard for me to trust people when it comes to my kids. Luckily, I was able to get one of my cute Beehives to tend for me. And she did fantastic!! She had the kids for more than 6 hours and she was still alive and kickin' afterward! Thanks so much cute Kinsee!

Friday was overcast and on the cooler side but I dressed light because last time we went to a concert at Saltair I sweated my butt off and thought I was going to die from heat exhaustion. So imagine my surprise when we got to Saltair and saw that the stage was set up outside! I was so excited! I didn't smell stinky boy BO once all night. And I didn't get too hot at all with the lovely breeze off the Great Salt Lake. I would definetly see another outdoor concert at Saltair again, it was awesome!

Kendrick and I were lucky enough to be on the front row for this concert. We didn't even have to fight our way up there. We just walked right up to the barricade and hung out there all evening. We had a nearly perfect view of the lead singer and piano and lead guitarist but we couldn't see the drummer or the other guitarist at all. We danced our butts off and I made sure to get videos of our kids' favorite songs. It was a fun night and I am grateful that everything from getting a babysitter to the actual concert went better than I expected.

Waiting inside Saltair for what felt like forever we got bored and took pictures and played words with friends on K's phone.

Yay for being on the front row!! I didn't move from that spot all night. I had to pee soo bad and nearly gave myself a kidney infection because I refused to let anyone move in on my place. I even helped that mom in front of me push some big guy out of our way when half way through the concert he tried to force his way to the front and center. I was ready to fight him if need be;)
A gorgeous sunset and a handsome fella makes for a very fun evening!


We had such a good view.

Teagan & Sara

F.U.N puts on such a "fun", high energy show
Nate and his brother are a hoot and I loved watching them go back and forth with their quirky little comments

He kept getting frustrated because he couldn't remember the proper way to say "meme".

The lead guitarist wore leggings with boxer shorts!
Confetti rain!!

My picture with Nate

And here are the videos that our kids have probably already watched a dozen times. So our kids LOVE this band and I tried to get their favorite songs on Video. For some reason the Some Nights video quality really stinks. And I hate that I can't find a way to block out all the people singing around me but oh well, that's all part of the experience I guess. Also, the first video, Teagan and Sara, is having issues...sorry!