June 9, 2013

Kindergarten Graduation

When I was in elementary school we didn't graduate from grade to grade. It was a no fuss thing-we just kept moving up grades and at the end of 6th grade we had a party. Honestly, it was a bigger deal for me to "graduate" to a training bra then it ever was for me to graduate from any year in school. And maybe because of that I'm just not big on graduations... I didn't even go to my own High School graduation, a decision that 12 years later, I still don't regret...

But apparently at my kids' school, graduating is a BIG deal. At least for the Kindergarteners, 5th and 6th Graders. The twins had their graduation on Thursday and it was so cute. They sang way too many songs and they each stood up and said what they were thankful to have learned this year. Then they got the biggest pile of stuff I've ever seen, otherwise known as a portfolio, a "certificate of achievement" and a graduation cap and it was over. The teacher choked up when she talked about how much she loved this class and I couldn't help but shed a few tears. My boys being in Kindergarten was a huge, scary step for me. One I dreaded from the day they came home from the NI CU. I have a hard time seeing my boys grow up. So to know that we successfully got through Kindergarten and that it wasn't only survivable but enjoyable is a huge weight off my shoulders. I still can't say that I am ready to lose them all day to 1st grade but I am excited to see what their future in this school holds...















 Their Graduation photos: I always say, I hit the twin jackpot. These boys melt my heart!