May 28, 2013

Our soon to be 9 year old's Birthday wish list

Our little drama queen is about to have a Birthday. Well, a month from today. And this is the first time in...5+ years that I still have not bought a single thing for her Birthday. We have no real game plan for her Birthday this year other than a BBQ while we are in Eden. It's her year for a family party and maybe that has given me an excuse to be lazy, but I am kind of starting to stress that I still haven't gotten her anything for her Birthday yet. I hope this isn't s sign of things to come and that I won't be off my A game when it comes to Birthdays from now on...
Right now she is obsessed with Guinea Pigs. Last year it was ferrets. Who knows what it will be next year.  She is not getting one for her Birthday, but we let the girl have her dream. And we let her add it to her list.
Her class is in love with the song "What makes you beautiful" and Taylor comes home every day from school singing it. She begs me to put One Direction radio on my phone and I'm pretty sure she thinks one or more of the boys in this band are cute...


NikeĀ® Mogan Mid 2 Girls Skate Shoes
I have no words for these

The girl doesn't play with toys on her own really anymore. But when she does, she is all about the Lego Friends.
She has her heart set on doing a skate camp this summer. I am considering letting her do it. It's $65 for an hour lesson every Friday this summer. Not too shabby right? Our only problem is not having a way to get her there...
She seems to be out of the "I want toys" phase and is into the "I want to DO things" phase. She would be in heaven if I let her join a swim team. She is such a fish! Again, the lack of a car creates an issue. Man, I hate that my kids are the ones who suffer most from us only having one car:(
She has outgrown her Beiber backpack. And it's a good thing too, because he's being kind of a punk these days. Apparently messenger bags are all the rage for 4th graders this year and she would love one like this.
What I really want to get her ( and our whole family) is a Pass of All Passes. It would be about $139 for our whole family and I fee like it would pay for itself after one visit to a water park, at least one sporting event and one trip to The Aviary. Did any of you get one last year? Was it worth it? I really just think that being able to hit Seven Peaks every weekend this summer sounds like a dream...

But this is Taylor's dream. This was the most surprising wish list item for me. She requested a skateboard back in March and fell in love with some Vision skateboards that we saw at a skate shop downtown. But Vision boards are EXPENSIVE and I don't want to shell out that kind of dough if this whole, "I wanna be a skater chick" phase fizzles out real fast. So I think she will be getting a less expensive Punisher or Positiv board this year.