April 29, 2013

3rd Grade Program

Last week was Taylor's 3rd Grade program. She had a singing/dancing part that she has been looking forward to FOR WEEKS. Basically since the day she learned about the program, all she has been able to talk about is the program. I was happy that she got the part she tried out for because last year she tried out for a singing/dancing part and didn't get it. But she has grown more confident in the past year so I wasn't that surprised that she got the part. I was a little surprised that she didn't get embarrassed up on stage. Had it been me, I'd have been 10 shades of red and probably would have peed my pants out of fear. Thank goodness she's not like her mother!

The program was called Go Green and was about how we need to take care of the planet, reduce, reuse, recycle and be more aware of what is going on in the world around us. It was super cute and super low key. Last year's program seemed like it took weeks and weeks to rehearse for and required specific costumes that the kids had to wear. This year they were asked to wear a green or a bright colored shirt and they only rehearsed for a week and a half. This program was so chill. That's part of why I love Tay's teacher. She is so laid back. Even though she is older, she is still fun and relevant and the kids completely love her. She doesn't get too worked up about stuff and I appreciate her because she has 10 kids of her own so she'll admit that she's seen it all and is not one to judge other parents.

School Programs are a sign that school is almost over. And I am so excited to for the school year to be over! It has been a wonderful year but I am ready for a break from all the homework and am so looking forward to sleeping in...summer vacation is so close I can feel it!