February 10, 2013

A LONG overdue visit

9 years ago next month I met two of the KINDEST people on the planet. I was 6 months pregnant with Taylor and we were on our way to live in St. Petersburg, Florida when we stopped in St. Augustine to have dinner at Outback with Kendrick's Uncle Jess and Aunt Linda. From the first moment I met them I was in love. They are two of the most down to earth and warmest people I have ever met. 8 months after that we had one of our best Thanksgivings at their house in Amelia Island. We thought at the time that we would be living in Florida for awhile so we thought we had many more Thanksgivings with them in our future. Sadly, we moved back to Utah the next year and were not able to spend anymore holidays with them. When I think of my time in Florida, I think of Jess and Linda. Which is odd since we didn't spend THAT much time with them while we lived there (we are kicking ourselves for that now). But I think the fact that they were the first friendly faces to welcome us to Florida and that while we lived there we knew they were our only family in the state makes me think of Florida and them as going hand in hand.

After we moved back to Utah our life got crazy; and between the birth of the twins, buying and selling homes, Easton's arrival and Kendrick's spinal surgeries we just sort of lost touch. Occasionaly we would email or Facebook back and forth but it just wasn't the same. And through all of that time I still missed my friend, Linda. So you can imagine how excited I was when last month she emailed to tell us that her and Jess would be coming to town! FINALLY, after 7 1/2 years I was going to get to see Linda again. She had never met any of my boys so I was beyond excited for her to see them.

Last night we were able to spend some time with Jess and Linda and their cute grand kids and it was so nice. The amount of time that went by between our visits with them is just sad. I hope we never let that much time go by between visits again. Our kids fell in love with both Jess and Linda after being around them for just 10 minutes. We were truly sad when the night ended and we had to drive home.

Here are some of the pictures from our fun filled evening...
















Jess and Linda, 
Please come see us again soon. We loved visiting with you and we appreciate you guys so much. Thanks for making time to see us!