October 6, 2014

Park City

One of my favorite things about where we live is our proximity to the mountains and some of our favorite canyons. And one of our favorite places in this world is Park City. We have been lucky to spend a lot of time there over the past year. It really is such a pretty place.

We were able to spend all of this past General Conference weekend up there with the kids and we had a blast! We swam, we ate out, we explored the town, we cooked yummy food together, we played games, we watched movies. It was such a good time.

We stayed in the Silver King hotel, we ate at the Pizza & Noodle Factory and at Baja Cantina and got ice cream at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We drove up to Deer Valley ski resort. We took the kids to see the Olympic Park....
We just had such a nice, relaxing time. And it was so much fun that we decided to stay the extra night and let the kids be late for school today. It was interesting to wake up in a hotel and get them ready for school. But when all was said and done they were only 45 minutes late. And that's only because we made them help us unpack the car.

The day we left for Park City my new phone arrived. I was so busy packing and cleaning the house that I didn't even bother to activate my phone until we got to the hotel. But I'm kind of glad I waited because now I can show off the difference between my old iPhone 4 camera pictures and my new iPhone 6 camera pictures. These first few pictures were taken with my old phone.



See? Bleh!
Now these were taken with my new phone. Some of these struggle because of the lighting we had to deal with and such but for the most part, they rock! I am not a phone snob. I really couldn't care less about all the snappy new phone features out there. But the older I get, the lazier I get. So I am thrilled to have a phone with a decent camera on it, because heaven knows I am not going to tote an actual camera around with me. Aren't these pictures like a thousand times better?