April 15, 2013

The Kindergarten Program

On Friday the twins had their Kindergarten program. Each child in the Kindergarten class was given a nursery rhyme to recite and was invited to dress up as their nursery rhyme character or bring a prop that went along with their rhyme. Jack was given the nursery rhyme, When Jack is a very good boy and Myles was given the nursery rhyme, Little Boy Blue. Both the boys had their parts memorized before they even brought them home to me so everyday for the 2 weeks leading up to the program I heard these nursery rhymes,

When Jack is a very good boy he shall have cakes and custard. But when he does nothing but cry, he shall have nothing but mustard.
and
Little Boy Blue come blow your horn. The sheep's in the meadow, the cows in the corn. But where's the little boy who looks after the sheep? He's under a haystack, fast asleep.

I heard them a lot! Like I would rap them in my head while I cleaned. Or find myself chanting them while I worked out or sing them in an Opera voice back to the boys. I am so glad I won't be hearing them again for a long time! Cute as they were, they got obnoxious real fast.

Kendrick went to the early morning performance so he could make it to work somewhat on time and I went to the mid morning performance with my mom, Easton and Dex. Dex LOVED the program! He was dancing to the songs and bouncing on my mom's lap. Then we gave him a sour apple sucker and he was stealing the show. He was making the funniest faces! We were sitting in the front row so Jack and Myles got a good view of Dex's sour apple face and they were just as entertained watching us as we were watching them! They did so good on their parts and I was very proud of them. I can't believe Kindergarten is almost over. I have really enjoyed their Kindergarten experience. And I think they have too.