January 10, 2013

The clean cut Dexican

Dex was sick last week and it was the first week since I started watching him (last June) that we went more than 2 or 3 days without seeing him for any other reason than a vacation. It was weird. We all missed him and went through some serious cuddling withdrawals.

When Harold dropped him off yesterday, he not only looked like a big boy because of his cool cat jacket and the fact that he has now ditched the infant car seat, but his hair had gotten so long! I personally loved it. I loved to spike it up and play with it. But Harold made the comment that it was bugging Tristian and that she wanted Harold to shave it off, but Harold wouldn't. So I offered up Kendrick's barber skills, totally not thinking he would take us up on it, but he did! Harold was all for Kendrick trimming Dexter's hair.

So after his lunchtime bottle when he fell asleep, we attempted to start Dex's first haircut. He woke up after we took off his jacket though so for the first part of the haircut we were dealing with one uber-drowsy baby. Which I think made the whole thing go much smoother since he was sort of out of it. Dex's first haircut was the easiest baby haircut that Kendrick has ever done! He was so chill. He just laid against my chest and cuddled me while Kendrick cut. Occasionally he would try to look up at the scissors but luckily that didn't mess anything up. He cracked us up when Kendrick pulled out the razor to trim the sides-he had such a serious look on his face. That is so unlike our boys. They are so ticklish that the minute they even hear the razor they turn into turtles who try to hide their heads inside their necks and start giggling uncontrollably.

We've also have never had a boy not have a spiky haircut. It is my favorite look for my boys, so other than a buzz cut, it is all we have ever done. I loved seeing the results of Dex's clean cut haircut! He looks so big now. I have to admit though, I was kind of having anxiety over the fact that we were giving Dex his first haircut. I didn't want to steal any milestones from Tristian and Harold and I'm sincerely hoping that when Tristian reads this she won't have cutters remorse and hate me for offering to have Kendrick cut Dex's hair in the first place...;) If she does, pretend this post never existed.




This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Dex!