December 19, 2012

Miss Priss in a Limo

One of Tay's cute friends from school hosted a "Girl's Night Out" last night. Now tell me how fun this sounds: they got to have pizza and soda in a limo, as they rode through Thanksgiving Point to see the lights! Taylor was beyond excited when I said she could go. But if I'm being honest, I was a tiny bit surprised that I let her go. I am that mom. Everything makes me nervous. All the worst case scenarios always run through my mind before every Birthday party, play date, school function and church activity that my kids go to without me. But I realize that I can't keep them locked up in the house forever and I have to start letting them do things...

 I am so glad that I let Taylor do this! She had such a blast and her cute friend that hosted it is just a doll!  Taylor came home with a HUGE smile on her face and was talking a million words a minute as she told me about the soda she drank out of "fancy glasses", who came, what they watched in the limo (Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs), how they took turns standing up and sticking their heads out the sunroof, how they turned the music up super loud and danced, how they took goofy pictures together and how it was "so cool because there is a big black thing that goes up and down so the driver doesn't have to listen to us!" I am grateful that Taylor has adjusted so well to her new school and has made some cute friends. I am glad that she got to go do this!

Taylor and Echo (the cute little hostess). What kind of mom would I be if I didn't follow her out to the Limo to get a picture?