July 8, 2014

4th of July fun!

July has started off so fun for us! We had cousins in town and we enjoyed some fun family time in the sun, we went to a Baseball game with my parents and Richard and Tiana, we continued with our annual tradition of picnicking at Olympic Park with the Clark family on the 4th, and last night we were able to go paint balling for the first time. Today is only the 8th and July already feels like it's been in full force for weeks because of all the fun things we've done. I love it! These are the days I dream about during the school year. 

I'm not in the mood to caption all the pictures or give explicit details about each activity, so here's the quick version of things: Some of my Harris cousins were in town for my cousin's wedding. They stayed an extra week, we hung out, it was awesome. I colored my own hair. It turned a very brassy copper color and I hate it. So I have been living in my favorite hat. I need more hats. In April we bought a paintball pass with a bunch of couples in our ward. It expires next month. Two of the couples bailed, then the weather got hot and we have had a hard time pinning down a sitter for so many kids. So when it finally worked for even just two of us couples to go, we jumped at the opportunity. I was scared to death, even though the whole thing was my idea. But I not only survived it, I enjoyed it and I might even consider doing it again when my current welts heal. We went to the pool today and I looked pretty beat up with bruises on my thighs, stomach and arm. I'm sure people wondered why I would stay with whoever must be beating me;)

July is awesome, but also really really hot. I seem to be loving the heat less and less the older I get. Kendrick agreed that Portland would not be a bad place to live...I was ecstatic. So naturally I do a little house hunting on the internet every morning. But no, we are not moving! Not yet at least;)

Cowabunga Bay with cousins









Orem Owlz with my family














4th of July with the Clarks








Paint balling with neighbors