November 17, 2016

Halloween

So I may still be in a tiny bit of a post partum funk...because Halloween, my "favorite Holiday", came and went and I barely acknowledged it. Not a single decoration was laid out, not a single Halloween movie was watched. We didn't make any Halloween candy houses or caramel apples. We didn't visit the witches at Gardner Village. We are lucky we even made it to the pumpkin patch a week before the big day (and by then most of the good pumpkins were gone). We even put off carving pumpkins until the night before Halloween.

I did figure out a costume theme for Kendrick, the twins, Layla and myself in advance. But Tay and E did their own thing and when all was said and done, I didn't even spend a dime on E's costume. He seriously made it up himself out of things he already had in his closet. I'm lame and I feel bad. But he looked cute.

Since we now live in a neighborhood chalk full of young kids-we felt like we had to actually pass out candy. Fun fact about me: I don't like passing out candy. I would much rather be out with the kids, collecting candy. But all the big kids were excited to go trick or treating with their friends so Kendrick and I stayed home with the baby. It was depressing. And I'll be honest, I let it ruin my night. I will probably always look back and regret my lack of effort for Layla's first Halloween, but I simply did not have it in me this year. Here are the pictures we did take. The kids look happy enough in them, so I feel very confident that all the traditions and things I listed above are more for my benefit than theirs.


One of Kendrick's clients invinted this cool pumpkin "carving" kit. You essentially just put cookie cutter shapes against your pumpkin and then use a mallot to punch them in. I loved that it was easy and quick. But Kendrick and the boys got WAY too intricite with their deisgns so they had a harder time.













I didn't help in any class Halloween parties, In fact, I think only Myles had one. But Kendrick and I did go to the Halloween parade in the morning. We tried to get a picture of Easton in his Indiana Jones getup but he refused to stop for a picture.



Kendrick's office manager brought in some of her puppies for the office potluck and I took Layla to see everyone at daddy's work. She was sort of an accessory to his costume after all.



She looks like a deflated football being that she doesn't have a very big belly to fill out her costume. But I find that quite fitting-a Patriots fan with a DEFLATED football...