August 17, 2015

Snowbird date, Hill Air Force Museum and Pool Days

I'm killing this whole catching up on the blog business! This is basically my last day of summer vacation so I need to get the rest of the blog worthy summer pics posted. As I have mentioned every time I have blogged this summer, these past 3 months have flown by. We didn't get done everything we wanted to do this summer, but we came close. Luckily, we still get to keep the summer heat for a few more weeks so hopefully we can squeeze in a few more activities on the weekends. First off, Kendrick and I had a FABULOUS day date at Snowbird the last weekend in July. We had lunch and then enjoyed the afternoon at Snowbird without the kids. It was seriously the most perfect date and we had a blast! It was probably one of the highlights of my summer.










Last week my friend, Jenn and I took the kids up to Ogden (?) to the Hill Air Force Museum. Our family was there about 4 years ago but the boys were old enough this time to really enjoy it. The twins were a tad bit camera happy and wanted their picture taken in front of just about every plane. It was a 95+ degree day so I had little patience for being outside, but the inside planes were really cool and I was actually surprised by how interested my kids seemed to be in all the planes. If you are looking for a free and fun way to spend a day-I think it's worth the drive up there.
























Earlier this summer, my friend, Carissa and I made a deal-Tay would babysit for free whenever she needed in exchange for her giving my kids swimming lessons. Most of the time swimming lessons didn't take too long and we would spend majority of our pool time just playing. I am not a swimmer. I can swim. I enjoy being in a pool on a hot day. But I don't dive in and get my hair wet and play around on the bottom of the pool too often. I hate hate hate chlorine in my eyes and I am a tad bit grossed out by the thought of all the other things that could be in pool water. So it's good when we go swimming with Carissa because she is a swimmer. So she splashes around with my kids and I get to hold her cute kid! Her baby, Audrey has to be the cutest and happiest baby on the planet!














I could just squeeze her! This is the kind of baby that could make ANYONE baby hungry.

And, that's a wrap! Summer blogging is done. Tomorrow is Middle School orientation, the next day school starts and then I start working. Hope you all had a WONDERFUL summer!