January 6, 2015

Christmas

We had such a nice Christmas this year. This was the first year that Kendrick and I were able to help the less fortunate and it felt so good. Santa was good to us and the kids too. Maybe a little too good considering the naughtiness that took place in our house the whole week leading up to Christmas day. I don't think I've ever given out so many empty threats in my life...

For Christmas Eve we talked of mixing things up...maybe going bowling or sledding or serving at a soup kitchen, but the closer the day got, the worse I felt, so we finally just opted to have pizza, play games and decorate cookies at my parent's house. Thank you Tiana for taking pictures!!!

This poor girl was sick with the flu too. She coughed and coughed the whole evening. Other than for picture taking purposes and to dish up food, her and I were banned from the kitchen.







At 6 am on Christmas Day I woke up from a coughing fit when I heard Easton knocking on his bedroom door. I opened his door to find him bouncing on the bed as he told me, "I'm just too bored to sleep!" 6 am is just a little too early for me to do the whole present thing and since Kendrick was still fast asleep (he's usually the first one up and begging to go into the living room) I made Easton come hang out in our bed. Somewhere around 6:30 Easton fell back asleep and finally by 7:30 I was too excited to wait any longer, so I woke everyone up. I couldn't decide if I was more excited for the kids to see the living room or the freshly fallen snow. Christmas morning was perfectly picturesque with all the white covered trees and huge flakes falling. We were all thrilled to see the snow! After spending most of December in the mid 40's with sunshine and not a trace of snow, all we had wished for was a white Christmas...and we got it!

Looking straight out our front door. This made us all SO HAPPY!















After presents, breakfast and a nap we got ready to go back to my parents for Christmas dinner. The proof is in the pictures, I felt sick. I look sick. As far as Christmas evenings go, that one was not my favorite. Thank you to Kendrick, the kids, my parents and Richard and T for putting up with me. I know I got pretty tired and irritable there towards the end of the evening. Pretty sure I had some delusional moments too. I'm so sorry I didn't start taking cough syrup with codeine sooner.











Merry Christmas Blog Friends!
We hope you all enjoyed a safe and memorable Holiday with loved ones!